Thursday, January 10, 2013
Mixed Media Project With My "One Little Word" for 2013
This project was simple, and took an afternoon to complete. I used a (cheap) glue and water mix to adhere the dictionary pages. Dried. Then painted over it with white acrylic paint to soften it a bit. The bird and branch are made with acrylic paints and a reuseable stencil. Dried. Decided I didn't like a solid blue bird, so I daubed some reddish pigment ink on him with a makeup sponge. I printed the definition in upper right hand corner from internet, decopauged it and then added some white acrylic paint. Dried. The letters are wooden, painted (didn't like) then heat embossed (like). I punched the clouds with my Fiskars Squeeze Punches, thickly spread some caulk on the shape and "stamped" it on the canvas. Dried. I added some bubble wrap stamping, some tan paint, some bling, some embossed metal G45 accents, a brad and voila. I also highlighted "exhilerate" just above the Y with some of the tan acrylic paint. The canvas was $19.99 for 6 or 7 11X14s. The paint was 59 cents a bottle. The letters were 3 in a package for 99 cents a pack. I had the mettalics in my stash. The caulk was a single use package from Ollies and cost about a dollar ( sealed it in a ziplock bag - hoping to be able to use again). I have had it in my stash for awhile. The stencil was $2.99. This was not the project I had in mind, but I really like it and hung it in my living room.